Use this padlet to share the descriptive adjectives you used to complete the sentences you have been given. Write the sentence in your padlet.
Should we participate in Halloween activities in Australia?
information on the history of Halloween can be found on the website.
Write a brief report on the history of Halloween using the information given.
Your homework for this week is to undertake a science experiment using liquids you have at home.
How many layers can you make?
Undertake your experiment and record your results in a scientific report. Don’t shake your experiment at any stage.
Interesting facts about Gough Whitlam
- only Prime Minister to grow up in the national capital
- dubbed ‘the young brolga’ when he entered parliament, for his height (194cm) and imperious bearing
- one of only two Prime Ministers whose lifetime spanned the lives of all 25 Prime Ministers in Australia’s first century (John Gorton was the other)
- was on active service in World War II as a RAAF navigator, despite suffering badly from airsickness
- only Prime Minister dismissed from office
- the Whitlam government introduced a record number of Bills, and a record number were enacted, though the Senate rejected 93 Bills, more than the total number rejected during the previous 71 years of the parliament
- Whitlam is Australia’s longest-lived Prime Minister
- the Whitlam Institute was developed within the University of Western Sydney in 2000
You can read further infromation about Gough Whitlam at:
Watch a news clip from the time Harold Holt disappeared at this link: